What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Don’t see the exact job you are looking for? Join our Talent Network!
Executive Creative Director
Chicago, Illinois, United States
***Chicagoland based highly preferred (to work hybrid onsite/remote) or able to flexibly commute to Chicago***
***Portfolio link (including password if applicable) must be provided on your resume or application for consideration***
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
As the Executive Creative Director (ECD), you’ll set the creative vision for the office, work with key clients and help make Jack Morton’s work famous. You will report directly to the Managing Director of the office and will be a part of the senior creative leadership of the agency, working closely with the agency’s Chief Creative Officer (CCO) to help realize the global creative vision for Jack Morton.
What you’ll be doing.
- Lead the team in creating extraordinary ideas that win pitches and awards
- Have a strong POV on what makes great work
- Nurture and inspire the creative team and foster an environment conducive to producing bold experience-based ideas for the world's greatest brands across a variety of industries
- Own the creative product that leaves the office, continually critiquing the quality of all creative output and working to build, shape, and foster high-impact ideas
- Serve as a senior creative director on targeted pitch and client opportunities
- Collaborate with the account and production teams to ensure your ideas deliver on client objectives and are as powerful as they were when conceived
- Serve as a member of the office’s senior leadership team, driving the strategic vision for the office
- Work in partnership with the Managing Director and the office’s senior leadership team to build the revenue, market reputation and culture required for continuous growth
- Work with the Managing Director to attract and retain extraordinary creative talent
- Manage senior-level creative talent in the office and oversee the management of mid- and junior-level talent
- Partner with the CCO, agency marketing and PR to build award-winning case studies, win awards and participate in top industry events including Cannes, Effies, Clios, PRO Awards, Drum, Campaign, D&AD and Ex Awards
- Serve as a representative on the Global Creative Council
- Network with our global creative teams to share ideas, knowledge, and resources
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- 15+ years of experience including success at a leading brand or experiential agency, or a progressive ideas-driven advertising or digital agency
- Breadth of experience delivering best-in-class work across a variety of brands, audiences, and industries including B2C and B2B as well as QSR, CPG, health, pharma, and more
- A strong creative pedigree with a track record of delivering work that wins or had the potential to win top industry awards including Cannes, Effies, Clios, PRO Awards, Drum, Campaign, D&AD and Ex Awards
- An unwavering curiosity for creative and cultural innovation
- A proven creative leader with a thoughtful, mature, deliberate creative opinion
- A proven ability to partner with other senior leaders to drive business results
- Experience with a strong portfolio of brands and running major pieces of business
- Demonstrated ability to work across a breadth of clients, projects, audiences, and mediums
- Clear passion for and experience in nurturing creative talent at different levels
- An inspiring and inclusive leader who sets an example and high bar for the team to follow
- A well-rounded, big-idea and big-picture business thinker and strategist
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $125,000– $240,000 annually, depending on relevant factors including experience, internal equity and market considerations. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.