What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Design Drafter (CAD) - Freelance
New York, New York, United States
***US Remote - Eastern Time Zone Preferred***
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
As a Design Drafter, you will work with our award-winning Broadcast and Environmental Design group to help create visual documentation for design assessment and production.
- Proficiency in CAD Drafting software (Vectorworks strongly preferred. Must own professional license on personal computer.)
- Proficiency in Scenic and/or Architectural drafting standards/methodology (design drawings required, construction drawings a plus)
- Comprehension of and ability to integrate technical documentation, including architectural drawings/notation, equipment drawings/notation, research of fire and safety code, seating plans, etc.
- Critical thinking and ability to structure a design vision into workable and actionable components
- Ability to take direction from design team and to communicate ideas through verbal conversation, drawings, and written notation
- Document management in a cloud-based project folder structure
- Time and task management to successfully meet deadlines
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- Two or more years of drafting experience for professional or educational projects. At least two examples of drafting to completed product.
- College Degree, preferred in design, theatre, architecture, engineering, or similar
- Strong program management, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated production competencies: software proficiency, project focus, accountability for results, attention to detail, flexibility, and professional confidence
- Strong familiarity and comfort with visual documentation and production standards
Bonuses (not required, but a plus) – Experience in:
- Scenic, architectural, or structural construction/engineering methods
- Design (especially environmental)
- 3D modeling software (Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max, etc.)
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Management of teams/crews
- Vendor relationships
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
This role requires the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, in some instances proof of COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required. Any employees utilizing New York or Chicago office locations must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose). Therefore, if hired, candidates must present proof of vaccination before start date. Candidates may request an accommodation due to a valid medical exemption, sincerely held religious belief or exception required under applicable law.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.