What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Purchasing Specialist - Production Services
Detroit, Michigan, United States
The Production Services Associate is responsible for managing and overseeing specifically assigned project scope, including procurement, finance, compliance, and reporting functions.
Here’s the job:
- Manage and oversee scope specific job finance/accounting functions in applicable systems
- Reconcile vendor invoices, purchase orders, project expenses, and employee expenses (as applicable).
- Audit vendor invoices to ensure accuracy and compliance standards are met and coordinate with Client Accounting partner as necessary.
- On-board new vendors/freelancers ensuring agency/client exposure is mitigated and any potential risk is identified and escalated, as needed.
- Champion the Production Services function ensuring that it is recognized internally as a professional, proactive and integrated partner.
- Communicate with the team to establish overall project parameters, develop sourcing schedules, and maintain budgets.
- Research, evaluate, negotiate, and recommend supply sources maximizing quality while delivering at the lowest possible price.
- Identify ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the procurement process and supporting databases.
- Prepare quote packages for management and client review/approval.
- Provide strategic recommendations/solutions focusing on creating awareness and transparency among internal and external teams.
- Manage and provide oversight for all client invoicing, ensuring timelines and deliverables are met in compliance with internal and GM requirements.
- Maintain job audit files to ensure compliance.
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively supports and engages in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment.
- You take your work seriously – but not yourself.
What we require:
- 1-3 years project management and/or procurement experience with a focus on compliance and creative solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and a proactive mentality in all projects.
- Experience with finance/accounting and project management systems.
- Proficient in Excel – formulas, formatting required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide courteous support to internal and external clients.
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects and see them through completion, including addressing any impediments.
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing project demands to ensure all expectations are set and project deadlines are met.
- Team oriented, strong work ethic, positive attitude, the ability to embrace change, always willing to support others.
As an employee you’re expected to demonstrate an understanding of the value of creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Actively support and engage in creating and sustaining a workplace that fosters creativity and innovation.
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion: Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2022, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.