What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Learning Experience Designer
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Can you make learning Extraordinary? You’ve created breakthrough learning experiences?
If so, this may be the new opportunity you’ve been waiting for!!!
Jack Morton has an opportunity for an experienced Learning Experience Designer to join our team in Detroit.
In this key role, you will be responsible for the development of innovative, bold experiential learning experiences, as well as designing in-person learning experiences to support product launches.
Here’s the job:
• Develop instructional strategies and tactics that our automotive retail audience will respond to
• Design and develop innovative learning solutions across a variety of modalities (classroom, experiential, online/remote)
• Understand and proactively use emerging best practices, trends, and social dynamics to enhance the quality of the work
• Work very closely with client representatives from across the organization, including senior leadership
• Develop and write the events, scripts, learning games, exercises for consumers and employees
• Understand and possess the ability to assess gaps in knowledge and skills
• Collect and analyze learning feedback via surveys and evaluations as part of continuous improvement to fine-tune training
• Develop long-term communications strategy and audience matrix
• Maintain a repository of communication materials that can be adapted for use across multiple audiences and programs
• Develop bold learning content in writing, editing, and media/graphics
• Create presentation scripts, talking points, videos, monthly reports and other digital and printed communications
• Develop on-brand messaging and narratives for large audience presentations
• Lead program and event design, with a focus on messaging
What we will expect from you:
• Strong knowledge of adult learning theory, industry best practices, andragogy strategy
• Ability to assess audience performance improvement needs and develop/execute the supporting strategy to address skills or knowledge gaps
• Ability to incorporate the most effective, leading-edge instructional approaches into a number of learning modalities, including but not limited to ILT/synchronous in-person, e-Learning, self-directed, and blended
• Familiarity with a wide variety of learning tools and platforms, including but not limited to Learning Management Systems (LMS), LXPs (e.g. Degreed, Intrepid), chatbots, game-based learning, videos, AR/VR
• Understand and proactively use emerging best practices, trends and social dynamics to enhance the quality of the work
• Adhering to deadlines and utmost attention to detail are imperative
• Facilitation/presentation skills
• Coaching/mentoring to other team personnel
How you should be wired:
• You say “yes” more than “no”
• You demonstrate a strong ability to manage multiple assignments at one time
• You’re comfortable in front of clients and confident in your role
• You are highly organized, with a keen eye for detail
• You are a lifelong learner and stay current on industry trends, best practices, and adult learning theory applications
How you can support our culture:
• You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others
• You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
• You’re creative at heart, but you’re also very responsible and practical
What we require:
• Automotive experience is ideal
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Master’s degree in Instructional Design & Learning Technology (IDLT) is ideal
• 7+ years of Learning Experience/Instructional Design experience
• 1+ years of experience working with Learning Management Systems/Learning Platforms
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2022, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.