What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Don’t see the exact job you are looking for? Join our Talent Network!
Production Manager - Live Events
Detroit, Michigan, United States
We believe in Extraordinary.
No one sets out to be average. No one aspires to be ordinary. Jack Morton is a brand experience agency that exists to reimagine what an experience can be. We do that by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in every format — virtual, live or hybrid.
Looking for an experienced partner in Production. This role ensures that production aspects of programs are successfully delivered to the client. Agility, professionalism, attention to detail and grace under pressure are key attributes required for this position.
- Ensure project/program is planned, executed, delivered flawlessly, and within budget
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, external partners and key suppliers in managing effective communications between all parties
- Ensure a “no surprises” approach, keeping the internal and external stakeholders continuously up to date on the status of all production deliverable elements.
- Management of crew/supplier travel plans and their onsite management as required
- Management of site security and product security
- Maintenance of physical deliverable inventories across teams
- Manage resources; identify, negotiate, and work with external resources as needed
- Assist in contributing information for development of a project budget
- Assist in reconciling costs against budget
- Manage/mitigate third party costs as required of the role
- Develop and actively manage vendor/ freelance talent relationships to ensure best available talent and pricing.
- Positive feedback on event executions and management of programs.
- Support and contribute to a positive team climate that inspires others to excel and deliver
- Owns delivery of assigned deliverables
- Positive feedback on management of programs as required by the project including budgets, schedules and other key deliverables
- Flawless delivery of client commitments and repeat business with client
- Seen as a valuable leader of program and client teams
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
- You take your work seriously – but not yourself
What we require:
- College degree and/or 5-plus years of live event production management
- Strong program management, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated production competencies: client focus, effectiveness, attention to detail, flexibility, professional confidence and accountability for results.
- Travel Requirement: 25% – 35% annually
- Must be local to the Detroit area with reliable transportation and able to lift 50+ lbs
- Willing to execute assigned responsibilities on weekends and/or evenings, if required
- Candidate must have the strong skills in Microsoft Excel (budgets, schedules, resource management), Microsoft Word (templates, forms, etc.), Microsoft PowerPoint (communication of production solutions) and Microsoft Outlook (team communication)
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2022, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.