What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences. We exist to reimagine what experience can be, and we do that by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves and make extraordinary happen.
This is a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
What we create is unique, just like those who work here and together we are united behind a powerful vision – we inspire the world to experience better. To show, not tell how things should be. More innovative. More inclusive. More sustainable.
So if you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Don’t see the exact job you are looking for? Join our Talent Network!
Production Accountant - Freelance
San Francisco, California, United States
***US REMOTE - WEST COAST***
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
Working with our Project Teams, the Project Accountant’s primary focus is to streamline the financial process - from setup to purchase order management and reconciliation. This is an entry to a mid-level position suitable for a highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, service-focused individual. We’re looking for someone who will bring intellectual curiosity, determination, and creativity to their work. The ideal candidate will be confident and insightful, think strategically, multi-task, prioritize efficiently, and communicate accurately and concisely.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with Project Leads throughout the budgeting process
- Become savvy on our Budget Management tool to serve as the lead in maintaining the budget and following all processes for updates
- Supporting area leads with purchase order management - open, track, close, and reconcile
- Work with Project and area leads to report accurate project financials through regular reviews of job cost reports
- Travel to the event to support budget tracking and onsite adds
- Lead the post-event reconciliation process, including meetings with the area lead, Project Lead, and finance team to meet client deadlines
- Support the setup of vendor onboarding as necessary
- Maintain organization of electronic documentation
- Track client billing through purchase orders and invoices, including AR collections if needed.
- Prepare utilization/missing time reports and follow up as necessary
- Provide ad hoc reporting and analysis
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might also help if...
- 1-2 years of corporate experience in a finance setting
- Proficiency in Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel (formulas, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with financial reporting systems; Hyperion or SAP experience a plus
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- A high degree of discretion and confidentiality required
Last but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2020, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.