January 26th, 2023
Agency elevates Sharon Crichton to Chief Operating Officer and Natalie Ackerman to Chief People Officer while promoting key senior U.S. talent
BOSTON, MA, January 26, 2023 – Global brand experience agency Jack Morton today announces it has elevated Sharon Crichton to Chief Operating Officer and named Natalie Ackerman Chief People Officer.
The news follows a solid year of growth for Jack Morton and the announcement of new agency leadership, with Bill Davies and Craig Millon recently taking on the new role of Global Co-Presidents. The new appointments are part of Davies’ and Millon’s goal to nurture and grow talent within the agency and form a leadership team purpose-built for the future.
As Chief Operating Officer, Crichton will keep a critical eye on all agency operations, optimizing processes and ensuring consistent practices across offices to increase the agency’s efficiency and overall experience for clients and employees. Crichton has served as Jack Morton’s Global Head of Production since 2018. She will continue to oversee and support production leadership while partnering closely with finance, information technology, legal, human resources, procurement, and more. Crichton takes over the role from newly appointed Global Co-President Bill Davies.
As Chief People Officer, Ackerman will develop and implement people and culture strategies to proactively align with and support a scaling organization. She will continue to oversee a strong team responsible for HR functions, talent acquisition, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) efforts. A 19-year veteran of the agency, Ackerman joined Jack Morton as a producer and has worked in four office locations – New York, San Francisco, Hong Kong, and Boston – throughout her tenure, fostering an inclusive culture across the agency regardless of her role.
“Great people are fundamental to who we are and what makes Jack Morton special,” says Global Co-President Craig Millon. “Over the years, Natalie challenged herself to learn and grow, which led to new opportunities, including her current role. She has exceptionally led our HR programs and spearheaded our culture and purpose initiatives, with a particular emphasis on DEIB. She cares deeply about our people and the workplace experience, and it’s clear that she puts these above all else.”
“Sharon is an extraordinary asset to our agency, and I am thrilled for her to take over the Chief Operating Officer role,” says Global Co-President Bill Davies. “Her breadth of experience in brand activation and her track record as a strong operational leader managing evolving organizations and teams made it clear that she was the ideal person for the job. I’m confident Sharon will continue to be a driving force behind our ability to grow and scale the business in 2023 and beyond.”
“People are truly my passion. And the people at Jack are what drive our business. They are our future, and why I am here today,” explains Ackerman. “I am beyond excited for this next step in my career – to share the enriching experience I’ve had with others, and to continue shaping the agency experience for others. It will continue to be a top priority for us to grow and develop our talent and community – whether they are starting out, looking for a new challenge, or rising within our leadership ranks, and I look forward to being a part of that journey.”
“I am super excited to be taking on the role of Chief Operating Officer at Jack Morton,” says Crichton. “Bill set the bar during his time in the role, and I am honored to be filling his shoes. I look forward to this new challenge, and already have several ideas I’m very passionate about to improve our operational efficiency as an agency and create a better working experience for our clients and our people.”
Ackerman and Crichton will continue to serve on the agency’s executive leadership team.
The agency also announced several leadership promotions to recognize outstanding achievements and position the agency for further success:
- Matt Pensinger is promoted to EVP, Managing Director, and Practice Lead, U.S. He will continue to lead Jack Morton’s Chicago operation while working closely with the heads of the agency’s specialty practices to drive growth for Jack Health, Vivi (diversity-driven marketing), and Jack 39 (sponsorship consulting) in the U.S.
- Melinda Lindland, who previously led Jack Health in the U.S., is promoted to EVP and appointed Head of Growth. In her new role, Lindland will focus on driving growth and finessing wins across the agency offering and through the lens of the agency’s specialty practices.
- Nigel Downer is elevated to SVP, Head of Jack Health U.S., taking over for Lindland. Downer will continue to support the practice on its tremendous growth trajectory, focusing on increasing collaboration across the IPG Health and DXTRA Health networks.
- Erica Fram rises to SVP, Director of Client Services and Client Experience. In her new role, Fram will focus on concepting, developing, and rolling out a consistent client experience that drives long-term value for the organization.
- Cassandra Harris is elevated to SVP, Global Head of Marketing and Communications, overseeing the day-to-day management of that group and reporting to Chief Creative Officer Shelley Elkins.
- Allison Kromer is promoted to SVP, Group Finance Director, overseeing financial operations and business integrity.
- Colin Engler assumes the role of VP, Senior Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), driving financial transparency, planning, analysis, and forecasting across the business.