Mobile World Congress 2022
A walk-through immersive theatre inspired vision of 2030.
After two years’ absence from Mobile World Congress, Ericsson briefed Jack Morton to create an experience that would take the brand’s presence at this flagship global tradeshow to a new level. Their invitation-only, 6000m2 space had to accommodate a number of requirements, from meeting and networking spaces to technology demos and hospitality; all thoughtfully designed for customers, partners and industry influencers.
However, in 2022, we took the experience further. Much, much further. The Imagine Possible Gallery was a fully immersive, walk-through experience that brought Ericsson’s 2030 vision of limitless connectivity to life, leading visitors through an awe-inspiring journey that included stopping off in an automated factory of the future and seeing an entertainment experience come to life from a stunning smart city rooftop.
Visitors came out of the experience inspired and ready to talk with Ericsson about what they could towards this new and exciting future.
- After 2 years of MWC cancellations due to the pandemic, Ericsson wanted to come back with a bang. Their vision was to teleport visitors to 2030 to see what life might be like with Ericsson’s limitless connectivity and dare to Imagine the Possible.
- Their consumers had been desk bound for far too long and so Ericsson wanted to capitalize on this to create an in-real-life experience as an introduction to the rest of the stand, that would be the must-see event of MWC 2022.
- Our solution – The Imagine Possible Experience. A walk-through immersive theatre inspired vision of 2030. Six interconnected spaces showcasing what Ericsson’s limitless connectivity can do for their consumers. From factories of the future to AR bike rides, multiverse gaming, virtual concerts and digital twins. A multisensory experience with wrap around 15m x5m 8K projections, surround sound, live robots, kinetics, holographic projection, wind machines and even aromas. Over 70,000 visitors, visited the experience over the 4 days, with the CEO of MWC hailing it as “a show the likes we have never seen before at MWC”
- 2,890 visitors, 18% C-suite
- 1,083 broadcast attendees
- 2,015 experience walk-throughs
- 1h 11min avg. customer dwell time
- 696 business meetings
- £1.31BN potential business impact
- 31% increase in NPS
(64 in 2022, 49 in 2019)