What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. The world’s biggest brands and challenger brands that make you go “hmmm” and “wow …” We work with them all, and so can you.
What we create is unique. Like you. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We’ve been around the block a few times in the last 80+ years, and what we’ve found at the end of the day, is that we really love what we do — no matter who we do it for. We also happen to be pretty great at it, and we’ve got the hardware to prove it. That and the humility to know you’ll help make the work even better.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves, don headsets, do the coffee run, and work together to make cool things happen. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack. We want this to be a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
So if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you’re looking to be global, but still feel local, come on in. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Don’t see the exact job you are looking for? Join our Talent Network!
Detroit, Michigan, United States
At Jack, we work with the world’s leading companies to build relationships between their brands and the people who matter most to them. We are a global brand experience agency; best known for event marketing, promotional marketing, digital, social, mobile, sponsorship marketing and employee engagement. We have special expertise with public events, exhibits, broadcast design and moving image. Yep, we are multi-channel, multi-discipline and just plain multi-talented.
Interested in working at Jack? Great! We just happen to be looking for an experienced Finance Associate (FA) in our Detroit, MI office to work on our major automotive account. This role requires an individual who is highly organized, accurate, and collaborative.
Here’s the job:
The FA will own the P&L process including:
- Expense report and invoice processing
- Resource tracking & management
- Quarterly hours/salary reconciliation
- Independently owning and training on systems
- As Senior Finance Associate you possess near full understanding of full life cycle agency accounting and project financials.
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of finance, and follow and train others in processes, knowing when and how to bring cross-functional teams into the process.
- You work directly with account and production teams and can independently solve problems.
Budgeting & Forecasting
- Assist in tracking the financial position of all projects via SAP and associated documents.
- Assist in bi-monthly revenue flash forecast.
- Manage projects in SAP, Fiori and associated excel documents.
- Create summaries / tools to better understand project financials.
- Initiate meetings with relevant departments/stakeholders to understand budget status & impacts.
Finance Analysis, Reporting and Tracking
- Display thorough knowledge of AR and AP.
- Exhibit knowledge of Excel including use of pivot tables and basic functions (VLOOKUP, IF).
- Demonstrate basic understanding of SAP, be able to update projects and ensure accuracy in reporting.
Attention to Detail
- Identify substandard work and coordinate with team to remedy.
- Able to lead by example by demonstrating flawless working practices.
- Ensure junior team members are following established processes and review for accuracy.
Systems and Processes
- Recognize when tasks within the quality process are outdated and look to management for advice on how to update and proceed.
- Full comprehension of the budgeting process and budget management.
Team Support / Management
- Mentor those with less experience and help them learn the business.
How you should be wired:
- You say “yes” more than “no”
- You demonstrate a strong ability to manage multiple assignments at one time
- You’re comfortable in front of department leads and management
- You’re a team player who is strong at collaboration and always willing to support others
- You are highly organized, with a keen eye for detail
How you can support our culture:
- You enjoy and succeed at working REALLY well with others
- You support and contribute to a positive and productive cultural environment
- By embracing our delightful diversity. And, like Jack himself, by getting joy out of seeing our impact on people.
What we require:
- College degree and 2-3 years’ experience in finance, accounting, or related field preferred
- Strong organizational, communication, accuracy skills
- MS Excel – advanced proficiency
- Experience in SAP would be an advantage
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law. In 2022, Jack Morton and Genuine, as part of Interpublic Group (IPG), have been named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index (GEI), and Jack Morton has once again been designated a Best Place To Work For LGBTQ Workplace Equality by the Human Rights Campaign in their Corporate Equality Index.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.