We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce.
Our vision is simple. We inspire the world to experience better. One of those ways is by ensuring that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging guide how we operate – with our people, our clients, and throughout our communities. We want employees to feel included and valued as their authentic selves. We are intentional in our efforts to ensure that we have a shared commitment and social responsibility to make the world a more inclusive and equitable place.
We believe that diverse ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds enhance creativity and innovation, and we are on a journey to be a workplace that truly reflects the world around us.
Here are some of the stops we’ve made on that journey so far:
- In 2021, we appointed Natalie Ackerman as our first global head of talent & inclusion, and recognizing the importance of her work, she was elevated to Chief People Officer.
- We have employee resource groups (ERGs) to support our talent from historically underrepresented groups by providing safe spaces to build community and connection. Each has an executive sponsor to ensure our leadership understand the unique needs and challenges of the group. These include AAPI @ Jack, Black @ Jack, PRIDE and Vamos!
- We introduced “Brave Spaces” an internal speaker series that encourages employees to share, listen and learn from each other’s perspectives and different lived experiences. Through this series, we’ve opened the door to understanding more about specific ethnic groups, mental illnesses and learning challenges, the LGBTQIA+ community, cancer survivors, working parents, and more.
- All employees are required to participate in annual harassment and discrimination training, and we launched inclusive recruitment training.
- We maintain a flexible time off and remote working policy. Data shows that work flexibility benefits historically marginalized groups.
- We launched Grow with Jack, a new competency-based framework for career pathing that creates consistency, helps reduce unconscious bias, and ensures employees have the tools and information to drive their careers forward at their own pace.
- We’re embedding inclusion and accessibility into our work, every step of the way. We’re rolling out training and resources to assist our employees at every level and in every department – from inclusive language and imagery guides, to accessible design toolkits, to diverse supplier directories, and everything in between.