What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences. We exist to reimagine what experience can be, and we do that by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves and make extraordinary happen.
This is a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
What we create is unique, just like those who work here and together we are united behind a powerful vision – we inspire the world to experience better. To show, not tell how things should be. More innovative. More inclusive. More sustainable.
So if you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Don’t see the exact job you are looking for? Join our Talent Network!
Senior Business Development Director
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
**Must be able to work hybrid in Boston office or travel to Boston regularly**
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack, we’re driven by the fact that the world’s most successful brands deliver proof of their brand promise at every touchpoint. Promise + Proof = Experience Brand
We’re an award-winning global brand experience agency, with 80 years in the industry, who believes that happy humans are the world’s best advertisers. And extraordinary brands aren’t B2C or B2B – they’re B2E (brand to everyone). We’re multi-channel, multi-discipline and just plain multi-talented. Working alongside great brands worldwide, we’re dedicated to doing something extraordinary every day.
What we do is hard, so we take care of each other as much as we take care of our business. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We demystify smart and speak like humans (no jargon, please). We embrace our diversity and enjoy shaping the future of an entire industry.
That brings us to you.
As the Senior Business Development Director, your primary focus is to lead the office’s efforts to drive profitable revenue growth by developing business with new and existing clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead office efforts to pursue and win net new clients
- Lead larger opportunities, leveraging Pitch to Win, Jack’s new business best practice
- Act as Pitch Captain to drive RFP and client engagement process, integrating across agency departments and teams to present the winning solution
- Have a mastery of how best to express our offerings and practice areas to attract clients.
- Consult on organic opportunities, but be the driving force behind net new growth
- Engage and evaluate in-bound opportunities, creating a positive brand experience even when turning down opportunities
- Engage the broader Jack and IPG (Interpublic Group) network, mining for opportunities with sister agencies and leading and participating in company-level initiatives and opportunities
- At this level, this role is accountable for delivering a target of $2M net revenue annually. Revenue toward that target is credited in two parts:
- Finding the work: Jack wins a brief that the Senior Business Development Director uncovered through their outreach
- Closing the work: Senior Business Development Director acts as Pitch Captain on a win (via inbound or own effort)
Planning & Pursuit
- Lead the development and execution of our office growth strategy for the year, including target selection, focused sales campaigns, integration of practice areas, IPG synergies, local marketing and thought leadership efforts etc.
- Lead regular Go-No-Go meetings and process with office leadership, to deliver against our strategy and ambitions
- Drive our Marquee Pursuit efforts, as a key individual contributor and the orchestrator of office- and company-wide efforts; develop pursuit plans for each marquee target, ensuring research results and intelligent contact with client prospects
- Lead and manage outbound efforts, introducing target brands to Jack, opening new doors, and building the pipeline. Prospect across social channels, industry trades, one’s own network etc. to identify leads
- Identify (or eliminate) target clients for office through industry and company research.
- Communicate individual and market sales objectives and tactics, including quarterly forecasts and targets.
- Actively track our pipeline and Sold position (in SFDC) as a partner to the Managing Director.
- Activate aggressive follow up to ensure a robust pipeline and frequency of client interaction
- Ensure appropriate team is harnessed to support pursuit and build relationship
- Ensure hand-off plan is in place for each client opportunity as needed.
- Manage new business operational hygiene, keeping SFDC updated, weekly office and company snapshots, coordinate and partner with broader new business team and network
- Develop junior staff by involving them in your key pursuit efforts, where appropriate.
- Actively participate in DEI+B efforts
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- 10 plus years of solution selling and relationship building experience
- Knowledge and familiarity with the brand experience world, including B2B conferences, B2C programs, internal / employee engagement programs, integrated marketing campaigns.
- Strong writing and editing skills – and the ability to direct deck designers on how best to visualize key points we are making in our narrative [within proposals, campaigns, etc.]
- Demonstrates proficiency in core sales competencies: accountability for results, client focus, developing others, team effectiveness, sales drive, organizational sophistication and influencing others
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $130,000.00 – $160,000.00 annually, depending on relevant factors including experience, internal equity and market considerations. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.