What we do isn’t easy. Nothing extraordinary ever is.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences. We exist to reimagine what experience can be, and we do that by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We forget titles, check egos at the door, roll up our sleeves and make extraordinary happen.
This is a place where you can be you, all of you, and bring your true and honest self to work, every day in every way.
What we create is unique, just like those who work here and together we are united behind a powerful vision – we inspire the world to experience better. To show, not tell how things should be. More innovative. More inclusive. More sustainable.
So if you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat.
Hi, we’re Jack. And we’re hiring. See our latest marketing jobs below.
The latest marketing jobs at Jack
Don’t see the exact job you are looking for? Join our Talent Network!
Business Development Director
Chicago, Illinois, United States
**Must be able to work hybrid in Chicago office or travel to Chicago regularly**
We believe in Extraordinary.
At Jack Morton we create head-turning, stomach-dropping, mind-boggling, smile-inducing brand experiences for everyone. It’s the future of marketing and there’s nothing passive or predictable about it. We promise every day will be different than the previous one in a very good way.
We take care of each other, as much as we take care of business. We marvel in each other’s uniqueness and revel in what each of us brings to the human potluck that is Jack.
So, if you want to help shape the future of an entire industry, welcome. If you feel work, and the people you work with, can be extraordinary, let’s chat. We’re Jack, and we can’t wait to meet you.
That brings us to you.
As the Business Development Director, your primary focus is to lead the office’s efforts to drive profitable revenue growth by developing business within new clients.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the Chicago office's efforts to pursue and win new clients
- Lead larger opportunities, leveraging Pitch to Win, Jack’s new business best practice
- Close new business opportunities with targeted new accounts through the execution of a disciplined new business development protocol
- Accountable for delivering a higher annual sales target
- Lead office efforts to research industry segments, company profiles and specific relevant company initiatives to assess needs and define a strategy for pursuing an account
- Identify and follow up on trade journal leads to identify new opportunities for the company to pursue
- Identify and follow up on IPG opportunities that Jack Morton might be able to participate in
- Coordinate with Marketing for any other targets to be pursued by office leadership
Planning & Pursuit
- Develop new business acquisition plan for office, including specific campaigns, local marketing efforts etc. for the year
- Identify target clients for office, segmenting market as appropriate.
- Develop pursuit plans for each target, ensuring research results in intelligent contact with client prospects
- Activate aggressive follow up to ensure a robust frequency of client interaction
- Ensure appropriate team is harnessed to support pursuit and build relationship
- Ensure hand- off plan is in place for each client opportunity as needed.
- While there are no direct reports for this role, help develop junior staff by involving them in your key pursuit efforts where appropriate.
If you can do all that, you have what it takes. It might help if…
- 8 plus years of solution selling experience, including events / experiential and CPG / B2C
- Strong solution selling and relationship building skills, bringing passion and excitement about our industry
- Demonstrates proficiency in core sales competencies: accountability for results, client focus, developing others, team effectiveness, sales drive, organizational sophistication and influencing others
- PowerPoint skills
Last, but not least, we believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jack Morton and Genuine are equal opportunity employers; we strongly value diversity at our companies. We do not discriminate on race, religion, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
In Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada and New York City the standard base pay range for this role is $110,000.00 – $130,000.00 annually, depending on relevant factors including experience, internal equity and market considerations. This base pay range is specific to Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, and New York City and may not be applicable to other locations.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
***JOB SCAM ALERT***
We have recently become aware that individuals not associated with Jack Morton have fraudulently used our name – and the names of some of our employees – to solicit applications for fake jobs, to conduct fake job interviews and to make fake job offers. Any request to schedule an interview and any bona fide offer of employment will only come from an authorized representative of Jack Morton with an email address “@jackmorton.com” or “@jackmorton.co.uk”. We will never require an applicant to provide credit card or banking information to cover any supposed advance costs.
If you have provided personal information in connection with a fake job offer or interview and you are concerned, we suggest that you take appropriate action.
Jack Morton takes these activities very seriously and are taking appropriate steps to shut down this fraudulent activity.
We urge you to be careful when sharing your personal information and to be aware of scams involving fake job postings and job offers.