November 10th, 2010 By Jack Morton
I really, really love the fact that of the 5 tips offered by Beverly Stotz, VP-marketing at Illy Caffe North America, in her interview with Advertising Age on Monday, #1 is training partners to deliver a great experience to customers.
It’s so important that brands think like retailers—and place a priority on aligning that channel to deliver a great experience to end-user consumers.
So hats off to Illy’s Stotz for this reminder, and check out her interview — a great endorsement a marketing strategy that’s heavy on experience and engagement.
And here are all 5 of her tips:
1. Give partners the tools they need for success. Then trust them.
2. Actively engage consumers; give them a reason to choose you.
3. Become a part of your consumers’ ritual.
4. Continually refine your distribution strategy to maximize consumption occasions.
5. If you’re a high-end brand, give the general consumer a point of entry but stay true to your equity.