May 10th, 2011 By Jack Morton
What you’ve gotta love about great point-of-sale promotions: they aren’t brain surgery. Just need a good mental checklist:
1. Keep it simple. If you can’t explain it in 25 words or less, it’s probably not going to work.
2. Start with what the shopper wants, not what you’re trying to sell her.
3. Ask yourself: does the product own it? Or can anybody put their product’s name on your offer?
4. Remember: you’re in her way. Make her care, and make the call-to-action clear, easy, and singular.
5. No one-night stands. Keep her in the funnel, keep communicating, and show her you love her back.